Rye Bread Braunschweiger open face-wich, with Dublin – Carolina Scuppernong Wine. Yum !
You will require:
1) 2 slices Rye Bread with seeds (per serving)
2) 3 oz or 85 grams Authentic Braunschweiger Liver Sausage
3) 14 Baby Spinach leaves
4) 2 oz or 56 grams Italian Five Cheese (mozzarella, provolone, romano, asiago, parmesan cheese)
5) 20 Mezzetta Non-Pareil Capers
6) 3 or 4 rotations on the ole grinder – Black medium ground black peppercorns
7) One bottle of Duplin - Carolina Schppernong Muscadine wine served extremely cold or on ice.
position 2 slices Rye Bread w/seeds in the toaster/toast to medium to dark
place onto microwave safe ceramic plate/ tray
spread 1.5 oz or 42.52 grams Authentic Braunschweiger on each slice of toasted rye bread
gently place 7 baby spinach leaves on top of the Braunschweiger spread
carefully sprinkle 1 oz or 28 grams shredded Five Cheese blend on top of baby spinach and
distrustfully place 10 Mezzetta Non-Pareil Capers on top of the cheese
finish with 3 or 4 grinding rotations medium black fresh peppercornsl
Place microwave safe ceramic serving tray in microwave for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted or place in pre-heated toaster oven until cheese is melted. The microwave works well; 30 seconds does not ruin the bread and is more energy efficient.
Serve with extremely cold Duplin - Carolina Scuppernong Muscadine wine or your favorite Riesling.